There’s a new Southwest fare sale with prices as low as $49 one-way. Book by September 20, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid September 18, 2018, through March 6, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 18 through December 6, 2018, and January 14 through February 28, 2019.
- Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out November 20-21, November 24-26, December 21-23, December 26-27, December 29-30, 2018; January 1-2, 2019.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
These are good deals from Southwest, which was voted as the best airline in North America from customers. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
To maximize rewards, use a Southwest credit card, Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credits from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.