LifeMiles is running a promotion with discounts of up to 48% in some Star Alliance flights. To take advantage of the lower rates, you need to redeem by September 18, 2018. You just need to book by that date, but you can fly later.
The discount is valid for travel between specific cities. You can see the list of offers here.
They are also running a promotion for purchasing LifeMiles. You get 2×1 wghen you purchase points, but they still remain expensive. Could make sense if you need some more miles towards a redemption, but it’s hard to get good value if you’re purchasing the whole amount of miles that you need.
- The redemption of miles for air tickets is valid only through LifeMiles.com and the Avianca Call Center.
- Call Center and LifeMiles.com only accept international credit cards as a form of payment.
- Applicable taxes are not included and must be paid when making the redemption.
- A service fee per ticket is charged for redemptions made on Avianca Call Centers LifeMiles.com and must be paid at the time of the redemption. Redemption fee from $ 25 up to $ 80 + taxes, depending on the route redeemed, plus a late redemption fee of $ 40 + taxes also applies, if the ticket redemption is made 14 or less days prior to departure.
- Redemption dates: between August 30th and September 18th, 2018.
- Seats are limited, and may not be available on all flights and/or dates. Subject to availability of class X, class O and class I.
- Valid only for flights on STAR ALLIANCE airlines.
- The millage showed on the table is for one way trips.
- Date changes are permitted with the respective service charge.
- In case of cancellation, mileage, and the amount paid in cash or credit card are refundable subject to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles Program and by paying the respective fee.
- You can purchase LifeMiles to reach the total mileage required for each route of this promotion.
- No miles earned with the redemption of air tickets.
- Tickets redeemed cannot be transferred to others.