Chase has made a major upgrade to its travel rewards program. Credit-card customers who redeem rewards through the bank’s web portals now have access to more than double the travel inventory. The bank is partnering with the Expedia Group, which owns sites including Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire.com, to power its travel search engine. The new partnership enhances the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel hub with more choices, new capabilities and even more redemption flexibility.
Chase cardmembers will have access to an enhanced Ultimate Rewards travel booking experience featuring Expedia Group’s industry leading network of flights from 250 airlines, 272,000 hotels, vacation rentals, car rentals, as well as more than 25,000 experiences and activities. The enhanced experience is currently available to Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cardmembers, and will be introduced to Chase Sapphire Preferred, Reserve and Ink cardmembers over the next few months. They have also revamped its website and mobile app to make it easier to choose between flight and seat options. More enhancements will be introduced over the next several months.
Within the new Ultimate Rewards travel experience, powered by Expedia Partner Solutions, eligible Chase cardmembers will have access to:
- Expedia Group’s best in class travel inventory: Ability to search and redeem for travel across 272,000 lodging options around the world, more than 250 airlines and dozens of car rental options.
- Opportunities to experience even more: Search and book more than 25,000 activities and tours, attractions, nightlife and more.
- Special Seasonal Discounts: Access to special discounts and seasonal offers from thousands of hotels and activities.
- Enhanced customer experience: Improved self-service options to cancel a hotel or car rental booking online. Plus, Ultimate Rewards travel within the Chase mobile app, will be backed by Expedia Group’s leading technology.
- Increased flight fare and seat selection transparency: Total trip cost will be displayed at check-out, making it easy to see the points and cash needed to redeem for travel. Plus, more flight search options by class and opportunities to upgrade throughout the booking process, as well as integrated seat review content powered by SeatGuru.
- 24/7 Customer support: Enhanced self-help portal for basic travel questions, and always-on phone customer support.
Read press release.