American Express has quietly added a new benefit to three of its credit cards. The program is called The Travel Collection and provides discounts and perks when you book flights, hotels, cruises and more.
The Travel Collection
The Travel Collection is brought to you by Travel Leaders Group, one of the largest traditional travel agency companies. It advertises the following benefits on the website:
- A multitude of offers featuring valuable discounts
- Value-added benefits to enhance your journey
- Professional assistance from Travel Collection Specialists
- Option to use Membership Rewards® points
The most interesting benefits are discounts on flights and added perks for hotel bookings. You can also use Pay with Points for all or part of your bookings. You will still earn miles for flights, including 5x if you use your personal Amex Platinum card according to TPG.
The Travel Collection provides discounts on these airlines:
- Aereolineas Argentinas (flights to Latin America)
- Air Europa (flights to Europe)
- Air New Zealand (worldwide)
- Avianca (flights to Latin America)
- Cathay Pacific (worldwide)
- Copa Airlines (flights to Latin America)
- Fiji Airways (flights to the South Pacific)
- Qantas Airways (worldwide)
- Qatar Airways (worldwide)
- United (worldwide)
The specific discount is not really known. You have to call in to book and just check case by case. Miles to Memories will walk you through that experience.
As for hotel bookings, there’s no discounts. You get added perks if your booking is done through The Travel Collection. These perks include:
- Daily breakfast for two
- Room upgrade upon check-in (based on availability)
- Guaranteed 1:00 pm early check-in
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi
- A $50 USD hotel credit
Membership to The Travel Collection costs $295 per year. The program is complimentary for those who have tthese American Express credit cards:
- Patinum Card
- Business Platinum Card
- Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Business Gold Rewards Card
To sign up for The Travel Collection you need to call their number 1-877-485-8053. It should be a pretty quick phone call. After enrollment, you will be able to log in at TheTravelCollection.com to see offers that are available to members only.
You have to call that same number to complete bookings.