THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED
The new Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card was revealed today. The card is designed to reward today’s travelers for making everyday purchases at home and on the road. From fitness to transportation to dining, World of Hyatt cardmembers will be rewarded for their spend, making it easier to elevate their status and earn free nights at Hyatt destinations.
The Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card comes with the following signup bonus:
- New World of Hyatt Cardmembers can earn up to 60,000 Bonus Points on qualifying purchases.
- 40,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening and
- Another 20,000 Bonus Points if they spend $6,000 total within the first 6 months.
- Existing Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can upgrade to the new World of Hyatt Credit Card at any time and for a limited time can earn 2,000 Bonus Points if they are approved for the new product.
THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED
Earning and Redeeming Points
The credit card earn the following rates:
- 9x Points total on Hyatt stays and experiences – that is based on:
- 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent on the card at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including participating restaurants and spas
- Plus 5 Base Points per eligible $1 spent as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2X Bonus Points on dining at restaurants and airline tickets purchased through the airline
- 2X Bonus Points on fitness club and gym memberships
- 2X Bonus Points on local transit and commuting including ride share services
- 1 Bonus Point on all other purchases
To better understand the value of the bonus take a look at the award chart for World of Hyatt.
60,000 points can only get you two nights at a Category 7 hotel. But, it can get you way more than 2 nights if you’re looking for quantity instead of luxury. Points also give you the possibility to book Points + Cash stays that give even more value to your points during Hyatt promotions.
See press release.
- More free nights:
- One free night each anniversary year at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- One additional free night at a category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after spending $15,000 in an anniversary year
- More ways to achieve higher status:
- Automatic Discoverist status in World of Hyatt
- 5 qualifying night credits every year
- 2 qualifying night credits after every $5,000 in spend on the card
- Additional benefits:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Points don’t expire as long as the credit card account remains open
The new World of Hyatt Credit Card has an annual fee of $95.
Applying for the Card
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of the Marriott Rewards Premier or Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of the Marriott Rewards Premier or Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
This card now falls under the Chase 5/24 rule. It didn’t initially.
The new Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card better product than the old card which is still available by the way. You get 20,000 more points, while the annual fee goes up by $20 to $95. The earning rates are also slightly better and you get the option to earn a second free night annually after spending $15,000 in an anniversary year. If you value those free night, and especially if you;re able to put $15,000 in spend on the card, then it should be worth keeping the card long term also.
Let me know what you think of this new product.