There’s a new Southwest Summer Sale with fares as low as $44 one-way, or 2,161 points plus $5.60. Book from June 12 through June 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m. of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid August 13 through December 19, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 5 through December 6, 2018.
- International travel valid August 21 through December 12, 2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- Domestic travel blacked out August 31, September 3, November 20-21 & November 24-26, 2018.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status.
These are good deals from Southwest, which was voted as the best airline in North America from customers. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. You can also use Southwest gift cards to save an extra 10%. Otherwise use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.