Stop & Shop, Giant and Martins supermarkets have a new promotion starting tomorrow that can save you money on your next gas station fill up or on your grocery purchase. From today 6/8/2018 until 6/18/2018 they will have two deals on select gift gift cards:
- Earn 4x Gas Rewards Points with the purchase of all gift cards (excluding Visa, MasterCard, Amex and store gift cards)
- Buy $100 of Gift cards and receive $15 off your next order via print receipt (includes all gift cards except Visa, MasterCard, Amex and store gift cards)
Using Fuel Points
These gas rewards have been devalued lately, but here’s how it works now. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons at most places. If you buy a $100 eBay gift card for example you would earn 400 points. That would be $0.40 off per gallon. Multiply that by how many gallons you can pump in one fill up, to calculate your profits. The limit is 20 gallons in most places but could be more. With 20 gallons you would get a $8 discount, or 8% off a $100 eBay gift card.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points but you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more.
Points can be reedemed at supermarket gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much and try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. I usually drive about 1300 miles per month, so this offer should add up to some nice savings.
Read more here on how to use your points.
Gas Rewards Details
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 20 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments (worth 10 cents off per gallon)
All third party gift cards are included, so you can buy Amazon, eBay, Best Buy and other valuable brands that will give you the most profit. Make sure you use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back. This quarter you can also use a Discover it or Chase Freedom card to earn 5% at grocery stores. Also check out Shell Rewards for more savings.