IHG has a promotion that can earn you extra points on stays or get you Gold or Platinum status quickly. This offer is aimed at business travelers and likely targeted to employees of select companies. But, there’s a public link to the offer and you are able to register. Whether it will be honored or not, I really do not know.
Here’s the two offers:
- Stay twice and earn Gold Elite status. Stay five times and earn Platinum Elite status. Plus 2,000 points on every Kimpton® stay.
- Earn triple points on all stays up to 35,000 points. Plus 2,000 points on every Kimpton® stay.
- Only employees of selected companies are eligible for this offer. Please check with your travel program if you are unsure.
- The offer is valid for stays May 15, 2018 – August 15, 2018 (“Offer Period”) which are booked through ihg.com or Eligible Company booking tool.
- Members must register for IHG Rewards Club to participate in the offer.
- The two offers are mutually exclusive – members cannot register to earn both triple points and Elite Status offers.
- Once a member is registered for one offer, they cannot un-register.
As mentioned above, the offer could be targeted. You need to pick one or the other, but probably the extra points are the best option. You can also stack this with IHG Accelerate promotion for this quarter.