Whole Foods debuted today a much-anticipated loyalty program that offers special discounts to Amazon Prime customers. The program will provide 10 percent off hundreds of sale items and rotating weekly specials such as $10 per pound off wild-caught halibut steaks. These savings are currently available in all stores across Florida and will expand to all Whole Foods Market and Whole Foods Market 365 stores nationwide starting this summer. Prime members will receive these exclusive deals and savings by scanning their Whole Foods Market app at checkout.
Prime member deals will be prominently featured in store. Customers can also use the the Whole Foods Market app to find out about these offers each week. The following deals for example will be available in Florida stores from May 16 through May 22, with new and exclusive offers rotating weekly:
- Sustainably-sourced, wild-caught halibut steaks: $9.99/lb., save $10/lb.
- Organic strawberries: 1 lb. for $2.99, save $2
- Cold brew coffee at Allegro coffee bars: 50% off 16 oz.
- KIND granola: 11 oz. bag 2/$6
- 365 Everyday Value sparkling water: 12-pack case buy one, get one free
- Magic Mushroom Powder: 50% off
- Plus, an additional 10% off hundreds of sale items throughout the store
Amazon has steadily rolled out new benefits for its Prime members since acquiring Whole Foods. Subscribers get 5 percent back when they use their Amazon Visa at Whole Foods, and free two-hour grocery delivery in the 10 cities where it’s currently offered. These new discounts will cut profit margins on groceries, but will add value to Amazon’s Prime membership, the price of which was recently hiked from $99 to $119.
Read the press release here.