Plastiq is one of the remaining options for completing minimum spend requirements. It enables you to pay rent, mortgage, bills and services that you would be able to pay with a credit cards otherwise. Plastiq charges a 2.5% fee for credit cards and 1% for debit cards but now they have a new targeted promotion with a lower processing fee. The offer was send to some customers by email, so you need that unique link to qualify.
Lock in a 1.75% Plastiq fee when you schedule 3 months of bills (3 payments) with your Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Visa Business or JCB card from now until the end of May.
- Personal Visa credit cards are excluded
- To be eligible for the promotional Plastiq fee, all 3 payments must be scheduled by May 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET and must be part of a recurring series. The first three payments in the series must be delivered by July 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET
- Promotional fee will only apply to the first three payments in a series.
- Promotional fee can apply to multiple bills.
- Future editing of scheduled payments will result in the cancellation of the promotional Plastiq fee.
Paying through Plastiq doesn’t always make sense since they charge a 2.5% fee for credit cards and 1% for debit cards. So it’s usually more about being an easy option than a profitable one. This new promotion should make it profitable though if you were targeted and have a card that earns at least 2%.
If you’ve never tried Plastiq you can sign up through my referral and you get $500 in fee-free spending. That means that you can pay any bill up to $500 with a credit card with no fee.
HT: Frequent Miler