The Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card that was announced during the Marriott-SPG merger is now live. It has a 100,000 signup bonus and a possible bonus for those upgrading from the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card. The credit card went live on 5/3/2018.
- 100,000 Bonus Points: To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Annual fee not waived.
- 2 Free Night Awards (each valued up to 35,000 points) after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening. Plus $200 statement credit and waived annual fee.
Earning and Redeeming Points
The card earn at the following rates:
- 6X for every $1 spent at over 6,500 participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® hotels
- 2X per $1 spent on all other purchases
No limit to the points you can earn and your points don’t expire.
All hotels throughout the loyalty portfolio will have no blackout dates for points redemptions. Free Night Award chart with peak, standard, and off-peak pricing will be adopted for all hotels. Thankfully there’s a chart that which will launch with standard pricing in August, and then will add off peak and peak in 2019.
The points transferred to your Marriott Rewards account won’t expire as long as there is card earning activity or other qualifying earning or redemption activity every 24 months.
- Free Night Award every year after your account anniversary, valid for a one night hotel stay at a property with a redemption level up to 35,000 points.
- Enjoy Marriott Rewards Gold Elite Benefits when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year.
- Automatic Silver Elite Status.
- Free in-room internet (coming August 2018)
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year. (coming in 2019)
$95 Annual Fee.
Update: You can get matched to 50K bonus.
Current Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card holders can check here for a targeted upgrade bonus. You could see an offer for 10,000 or 20,0000 points.
Applying for the Card
This is a good card for Marriott fans. The bonus is solid at 100,000 points or 2 Free Night and $200 credit and the earning rates are good as well (although a step down from the SPG card). It comes with a free annual night and the 15 elite stay credits every year so it should be worth it to keep it long term for a $95 annual fee. Even though the anniversary free night is limited to redemption levels up to 35,000 points, it should still be a bargain for $95.