American Express is targeting some Blue Cash Everyday cardholders with two different upgrade offer. You can get $150 or $250 if you are eligible and upgrade to a Blue Cash Preferred card. Here’s the two offers:
- Earn a $250 statement credit when you upgrade your card to Blue Cash Preferred. Offer valid after you spend $2,000 in purchases within 3 months
- Earn a $150 statement credit when you upgrade your card to Blue Cash Preferred. Offer valid after you spend $2,000 in purchases within 3 months
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred credit card comes with a $95 annual fee that is not waived, while the Blue Cash Everyday card has no fee. So take that into account.
Here’s the earning rates for the Amex Blue Cash Preferred credit card:
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%);
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations;
- 3% Cash Back at select U.S. department stores; and
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
If you were targeted, it could be a nice bonus without a hard pull and better earning at supermarkets. The offers are sent by mail but you could also check your accounts online as they show in there as well. You can even get this bonus if you have had the card in the past and it won’t count as a new card if you worry about the Chase 5/24 rule. It will however disqualify you from a future bonus on the Amex Blue Cash Preferred credit card.
Did anyone get an offer?