Southwest has an offer with an added small bonus on credit card earnings for Californians. The offer is targeted and it’s showing up for some Rapid Rewards Credit Card members on their online accounts.
Southwest 15% Bonus
Register to earn up to 15,000 bonus points this year. Points that post to your Rapid Rewards® account between 5/1/18 and 11/30/18 under the category of “Credit Card” will be eligible for a 15% bonus up to 15,000 bonus points.
For example, if you have 2,000 points from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card post to your Rapid Rewards Account each month during May through November, you’ll earn a total of 2,100 bonus points from Southwest. And those 2,100 points will count toward Companion Pass too! (i.e.2,000 + 2,000 + 2,000 + 2,000 + 2,000 + 2,000 + 2,000 = 14,000 * 15% =2,100 bonus points).
- To be eligible for this offer, you must register between 4/19/18 and 11/30/18 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Points that are earned from your Rapid Rewards Credit Card during the promotional period but are not posted to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account during the promotional period will not receive the 15% bonus points.
- The 15% bonus points will count towards Companion Pass qualification, but will not count toward A-List or A-List Preferred qualification.
- Please allow up to 4 weeks after the end of the promotional period for the 15% bonus points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account.
- Maximum bonus point accumulation during the promotional period is 15,000 bonus points per Rapid Rewards account.
- Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 15% bonus.
- Points transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest Rapid Rewards will not be eligible for the 15% bonus.
Californians are Southwest’s favorites. They get promotions for millions of points, easy ways to get Companion Pass and they could soon use that Companion Pass for direct flights to Hawaii. With this new targeted promotion California residents can earn some extra points on their credit card spend. Chase Rapid Rewards Credit Card earns 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. With this targeted promotion the earning rate is increased to 2.3X and 1.15X. Not a great earning rate but still something extra if you’re using your Rapid Rewards Credit Card.