There’s a new Southwest fare sale with fares as low as $44 one-way, or 2,488 points plus $5.60. You need to book by May 3, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid May 8 through June 13, 2018, and August 21 through October 31, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 5 through October 31, 2018.
- International travel valid August 21 through October 31, 2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from April 24 through May 3, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel blacked out May 24-25, May 28, August 31 & September 3, 2018.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
- Fares not available to/from Portland, ME; Rochester, NY.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
These are good deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. You have plenty of time to book and figure out your plans since the sale is going on until May 3rd. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. You can also use Southwest gift cards to save an extra 10%. Otherwaise use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
There’s been some price increases from Southwest recently. On-board drink prices have gotten more expensive and Upgraded Boarding fee has gone up in some markets. Then there was the terrible news of a deadly accident a week ago and now there’s many delays and cancellations as they do engine inspections.