American Airlines AAdvantage program has a new promotion for extra miles when you convert your hotel points. From now through May 31 2018, convert your hotel points to American Airlines AAdvantage miles, and you’ll earn a 25% bonus on the amount of miles you receive from the conversion.
Participating Hotel Partners:
- Best Western International
- Carlson Rezidor Hotels
- Choice Hotels
- Hilton honors
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Wyndham Hotel Group
- Must initiate the AAdvantage mileage conversions by 11:59 pm Central time on May 31 2018
- Members can convert multiple times with multiple Hotel Partners.
- Conversions for hotel and air packages from Hotel Partners are not included for this offer.
- Bonus miles will be posted by American Airlines to the qualifying AAdvantage member’s account within 7 business days
- Bonus miles earned in this promotion do not count toward elite status qualification.
Hotel and air packages are excluded from this promotion. Most conversion don’t make any sense at all since transfer rates are terrible. SPG could be the only exception here. The conversion rate is 1:1 and you also get a 5,000 bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints that you transfer. So for 20K Starpoints you will receive a total of 31,250 AAdvantage miles.