ACNB Bank has a bonus of $200 or $400 for new checking accounts in Pennsylvania. You need to complete a direct deposit or monthly transactions to get the bonus.
$200 Cash Gift
- The first $100 gift is deposited after completing the following steps within the first 60 days of opening a new CareFree Checking account:
- Establish reoccurring direct deposits of $1,500
- Establish and log into Online Banking
- Enroll in eDocuments
- Establish a MasterCard® debit card and conduct 10 unique transactions.
- The second $100 is deposited at the year anniversary of the account as long as the account is active, meaning at least one transaction per month, has a positive average monthly balance, receives eDocuments, and maintains a qualifying direct deposit.
$400 Cash Gift
This offer includes all of the same parameters mentioned above, but requires a direct deposit of $4,000 within the first 60 days and as long as the account is active. The second $200 will be paid as long as the account is active as defined above except for the minimum for the direct deposit
Offer available to PA residents only and you will probably need to go into branch to complete process. Limit of one $200 gift per account and per household/address.
Offer does not apply to existing ACNB Bank personal checking account customers.
CareFree Checking has no minimum deposit to open account, no minimum balance requirements and no monthly account maintenance fees.
A $100 early closure fee will apply if the account is closed within the first 120 days of account opening.
This is the best bonus that ACNB Bank has offered but limited to PA only and you need to have a branch nearby. If you’re going for it, it’s worth doing the maximum bonus of $400. You also need to keep account open for a year to receive the second part of the bonus, but at least there’s no monthly fees. It looks like you need to make some type of transaction monthly for the account to be “active” and you might also need to keep doing the direct deposit monthly. I’m not sure if ACHs will work to trigger the bonus, but if they do then it should be easy as you can just transfer the money back and forth. I’m not familiar with the bank so if any of you did the $200 bonus last year, please let me know if there’s anything that can help other readers.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Promo Page
- Bonus: $400
- Account Type: Local Checking
- Availability: PA
- Expiration Date: 5/31/2018
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 or more
- Other Requirements: 10 qualified debit card transactions and more
- Monthly Fee: None
- Closing Account Fee: $100 if closed within 120 days