Avis and Budget have a good deal on one-way car rentals for rides to and from airports in select cities. This is a great taxi alternative, since it enables you to visit more places on your own schedule and it’s pretty cheap. Whether you’re just landing or ready to leave town, you can pick up your car in one location and drop off at another. You can keep the car for up to 12 hours, get a free tank of gas and 150 free miles.
With rates starting at $9.99 you can stop waiting for a taxi and skip the airport parking by using our one-way rentals. No discount code required to take advantage of these low rates.
- Reserve and pick up a one-way car rental Thursday – Friday at a participating airport location and drop off at a participating downtown location within 12 hours.
- Reserve and pick up a one-way car rental Sunday – Monday at a participating downtown and drop off at a participating airport location within 12 hours.
- Offer valid for one-way rentals only; vehicle must be picked up at a participating location and dropped off at a different participating location 12-hrs later at maximum.
- First tank of gas is included.
- Traveling from an Airport to Downtown: Pickup must occur on a Thursday or Friday.
- Traveling from Downtown to an Airport: Pickup must occur on a Sunday or Monday.
- Offer valid on Economy (group A), Compact (group B), Midsize (group C), Standard (group D), Full Size (group E), Premium (group G), Intermediate SUV (group F), Standard SUV (group W), and Minivan (group V) vehicles only.
- Rental includes 150 free miles. A $0.10 per mile charge will be applied for each additional mile driven.
- Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; rate surcharges during peak periods may apply.
- Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times.
- Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location.
- An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
- Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any AWD number, coupon, promotion or offer.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra.
- Rates are based on U.S. currency.
I think this is a pretty good alternative to Uber and Lyft if your city is included. It gives you more freedom if you don’t mind driving and want to make a few stops along the way. But it is also a very good price that should be cheaper than a taxi in many cities. In New York for example the offer is available for rides to and from all three nearby airports, JFK, LGA and EWR. Those rides will cost at least 3-4 times more via Uber.