There’s a new Southwest fare sale with fares as low as $49 one-way, or 2,323 points plus $5.60. You need to book by March 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid March 13 through June 13, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 3 through May 17, 2018.
- International travel valid April 3 through May 17, 2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from February 20 through March 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid March 13 through June 13, 2018. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 3 through May 17, 2018. International travel valid April 3 through May 17, 2018.
- Domestic travel blacked out May 24-25 and May 28, 2018.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Albany, NY; Rochester, NY; Portland, ME.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are good deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. You have plenty of time to book and figure out your plans since the sale is going on until march 8th. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that will give you the most points, such as Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.