Here’s a round up of of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not exactly travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back. Also, if you have a travel/finance/deal blog yourself or happen to read any interesting posts or articles, feel free to email me and I’ll include them in these roundups.
- The Plastic Merchant’s Payment Issues by Point Chaser – Looks like everything is back to normal, from what TPM’s founder clarified over email. But this is still scary, especially considering that some checks that were bouncing were $10K+. One of my readers send me this article by email, but I wasn’t aware of these issues since I haven’t used TPM. Do any of you guys deal with them and if so, have you have any bounced checks?
- Extend the Life of Your Marriott 7 Night Certificate Online by Miles to Memories – You can extend it by just messaging instead of calling in apparently, which should be helpful for those who hate to make phone calls.
- [Rumor] Chase To Remove Price Protection Policy Later This Year by Doctor of Credit – Chase might be removing this price protection benefit across their entire credit card line up later this year. Probably lots of people are using this benefit, so it might no longer make sense for Chase.
- United Eliminating Bloody Mary and Mimosa Carts and Wine Carts from Polaris Business Class by View from the Wing – First world problems 🙂
- Student says she flushed emotional support hamster after getting bad info from Spirit Airlines
- Eliot Buchanan, CEO of Plastiq – AMA on Reddit