There’s a new Southwest fare sale with fares as low as $29 one-way, or 984 points plus $5.60. This new fare sale is focused on California and all the lowest fares are for flights to and from cities in this state.
You need to book by February 7, 2018, 11:59 p.m. and fly between February 27 through May 23, 2018. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid February 20 through May 23, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 3 through May 17, 2018.
- International travel valid April 3 through May 17, 2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from February 6 through February 7, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid February 27 through May 23, 2018.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are great deals from Southwest for travel in California, so is definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that will give you the most points, such as Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.