Update 2/23/2018: This BarclayCard Hawaiian 50K Bonus was set to expire at the end of January but it is still available.
BarclayCard has an increased bonus of 50,000 miles for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard. Spending requirement is now $3,000 and the annual fee is not waived for the first year.
Earn 50,000 bonus Hawaiian Miles if you use your new Credit Card Account for $3,000 in Net Purchases within ninety (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened.
$89 annual fee is not waived.
- Receive a one-time 50% OFF COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America
- Earn 2X miles on eligible purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
- Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY CHECKED BAG for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Discounted award travel
- Get $100 companion discount each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- You’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles every anniversary year you make $10,000 or more in purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Using Hawaiian Miles
The value of Hawaiian varies, but you can get great value on award travel to Hawaii. It costs 40,000 Hawaiian miles for a round trip in economy class between the continental US and Hawaii, and if you have this card it costs only 35,000. That’s a value of almost 3 cents a mile. But the issue with that valuation is availability which is pretty scarce.
Another good use of Hawaiian miles is for inter-island award flights in Hawaii. They cost just 7,500 miles one-way.
You can also transfer Hawaiian miles to Hilton starting at 10,000 miles, in 10,000 increments at a rate of 1 Hawaiian mile = 1.5 Hilton Honors points.
The value of this bonus will mainly depend how valuable Hawaiian miles are for you. These are not the most flexible miles but you could net a free round trip to Hawaii and also have miles left over for two inter-island award flights in Hawaii. Spending requirement has been increased to $3,000 (used to be $1K). You will need to pay the $89 annual fee on the card.
HT: Doctor of Credit