Here’s a round up of of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not exactly travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back. Also, if you have a travel/finance/deal blog yourself or happen to read any interesting posts or articles, feel free to email me and I’ll include them in these roundups.
- Clean Slate Series: Year 1, What Would I Do if I Were Starting Out Now? by Miles to Memories – A good post for those starting out now with a road map on what to watch out for and which credit cards to get first. There’s definitely no set path here that will the be the absolute best for everyone.
- Good American & British Airways First Class Fares From Europe To The US by One Mile at a Time – These fares do have nice discounts but they aren’t cheap. What makes these worthwhile is the facts that you can earn tons of miles and you’re traveling in first class.
- My year in bonuses and my (tentative) card strategy for 2018 by Windbag Miles – I like reading these posts to see what bonuses others are getting. This again will mostly vary on what cards you already have and whether you’re restricted by all the application rules that are in effect nowadays.
- American Airlines Sending Out Free Elite Status To Some Loyalty Members by Doctor of Credit – American Airlines has sent out e-mails to some customers with a nice offer for free Platinum Pro or Gold status.
- 10000 Best Western Rewards Points Won In Contest Saved Me This Much by Michael W Travels – You need to get lucky first to win 10K points and then think about using them. I never win any of these things 🙁
- Avios Redemption University – Lesson 5 – The pros and cons of using household accounts by Head for Points – A good post with lots of info. Check out the whole series to learn more.
- US Says They Can Keep Your Devices at the Border If You Won’t Give Up Your Password by View from the Wing – Crazy stuff. Hopefully most people won’t be affected but make sure you clean your phone anyway before traveling, especially if you have any selfies that you’re not proud of.