There’s a new Southwest fare sale with fares as low as $40 one-way, or 1,727 points plus $5.60. There’s only one route available at the lowest price point, but you can check out other routes for more discounted airfare, with several for $49.
You need to book by January 25, 2018 to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid 1/23/18 – 5/23/2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 1/23/2018 – 3/1/2018 and 4/3/2018 – 5/17/2018.
- International travel valid 1/23/18 – 3/1/2018 & 4/3/18 – 5/17/2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from January 2 through January 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid January 23 through May 23, 2018. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 23 through March 1, 2018, and April 3 through May 17, 2018. International travel valid January 23 through March 1, 2018, and April 3 through May 17, 2018.
- Domestic travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service..
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are good deals from Southwest, so is definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that will give you the most points, such as Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.