Here’s a round up of of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not exactly travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back. Also, if you have a travel blog yourself or happen to read any interesting post, feel free to email me and I’ll include them in these roundups.
- Ally Bank CD With No Early Withdrawal Penalty – Offering Up To 1.60% APY by Doctor of Credit – Interest rates on savings accounts are on the increase, the best high yield savings accounts are currently offering 1.30% so this CD is slightly better at 1.6% for deposits of $25,000.
- Excellent Deals on Condos in Family-Friendly Resorts with the Help of Wyndham Points by Miles for Family – A nice list of condos in Family-Friendly Resorts where you can use your Wyndham Rewards Visa bonus of 45K points which I covered here.
- BOA Wants Your Business Accounts Bad! You Should Probably Give Them What They Want by Miles to Memories – Bank of America announced today (shortly after Greg from Frequent Miler broke the story) that they will be starting a new business rewards program for banking customers. It will be similar to their personal Preferred Rewards program. The Business Advantage Relationships Rewards program will reward business account holders that keep large amounts of money in their checking accounts.
- Flight Review: Asiana A380 First Class Seoul (ICN) to New York (JFK) by Points MD – Looks like a great product. I don’t really take fancy flights myself that often, so I enjoy checking out these reviews.
- Bunches of Discounts With Masterpass! Save on Doughnuts, Flowers, Concerts, and More by Million Mile Secrets – There are currently lots of ways to save money when you make purchases with Masterpass. I already covered the Dunkin Donuts offer a few days ago, but there’s more offers available as Masterpass challenges to become one of the top mobile wallets.
- Swych: Get $115 Lowe’s E-Gift for $97 + 5x with this (Complicated) Deal by Doctor of Credit – Yet another deal on Lowe’s gift cards, this one a Doc exclusive. It is a bit complicated and can only be used to gift a gift card, not to buy for yourself. Should still work fine though and it will get you a nice discount.
- Delta Offering Free One Month CLEAR Membership by Michael W Travels – Delta Airlines is offering a free one month CLEAR membership. If you frequently fly to or visit places that accept CLEAR it could be a nice offer.
- Today Only: Earn Up to 11 Miles Per Dollar on Apple by Running with Miles – If you want to buy an iPad, Apple Watch, or computer, you can earn a lot of miles. AAdvantage Shopping Mall is offering 11X miles per dollar at Apple, plus they have a promotion for 1,500 bonus miles when you spend $300.
- Google Trips Takes a Baby Step Into Tours, Activities and Car Rental Offers by Skift – On Thursday, Google publicly revealed that it had updated its free mobile itinerary-planning app Google Trips with a new “discounts” tab. It now offers between 5 and 25 percent off selected tours, activities, events, and car rentals in major destinations.