There’s a new Southwest fare sale with fares as low as $40 one-way, or 1,727 points plus $5.60. There’s only one route available at the lowest price point, but you can check out other routes for more discounted airfare.
You need to book by December 14, 2017 to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- Domestic travel valid 1/9/2018 – 3/7/2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 1/16/2018 – 3/1/2018 and 4/3/2018 – 5/17/2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- Purchase from December 12 through December 14, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid January 9 through March 7, 2018. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 16 through March 1, 2018, and April 3 through May 17, 2018.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
These are good deals from Southwest, so is definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that will give you the most points, such as Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.