Here’s a weekly round up of posts for Week 36 of 2017. Usually every Thursday or Friday I put together a collection of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- Complete guide to Plastiq credit card payments by Frequent Miler – A very helpful chart for credit card payments through Plastiq. Take a look to see what works and what doesn’t.
- Fairmont Presidents Club Gets Folded into Le Club Accorhotels July 2nd by View from the Wing – Two years after it was announced that Accor would be buying Fairmont, there’s finally details on the demise of the Fairmont Presidents Club program. Plus check out Accor’s secret loyalty manual.
- Maximizing the 2017 Wine.com AmEx Offer by WellesleyWinePress – Some creative stacking which can take discounts beyond 40% off, plus there’s a better selection of wines compared to Martha Stewart Wines.
- Delta Launches Service between San Jose and New York-JFK by Points, Miles & Martinis – Delta announced they’ll be launching new daily nonstop service between New York’s John F. Kennedy and Mineta San Jose International Airport starting June 8, 2017. This route will be operated by one of their retrofitted 737-800’s which feature 16 First Class seats, an expanded 36 Comfort+ seats, and 108 seat in the Main Cabin.
- Free(ish) Chick-fil-A for 2018! by Miles to Memories – The end of the year is not only the holiday season, it is also an opportunity to save yourself some money at Chick-fil-A for the following 12 months.
- Amex to Stop Requiring Signature during Store Checkout, Joins Mastercard and Discover by Doctor of Credit – American Express announced that they’ll be eliminating the requirement for merchants to collect signatures at store checkout beginning April 2018. Mastercard and Discover made similar announcements, all with the same April 2018 timeline for implementation.
- American Airlines Opened One of the World’s Biggest Lounges and It’s Fantastic by View from the Wing – American Airlines Flagship Lounge Miami is located by gate D30 and is open from 4:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. It’s not far from the middle of the American concourse in Miami, and there’s a Skytrain station nearby.