There’s a new Southwest fare sale, this one for international flights, with fares as low as $59 one-way, or 2,160 points plus $5.60. The lowest prices are for flights from Ft. Lauderdale to Belize, Cayman Islands, Jamaica and Turks and Caicos.
You need to book by November 30th, 2017 to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates are are follows:
- International travel valid 1/9/2018 – 3/1/2018 and 4/3/2018 – 5/18/2018.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- Purchase from November 28 through November 30, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- International travel valid January 9 through March 1, 2018, and April 3 through May 18, 2018.
- International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid only on nonstop service.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
These are good deals from Southwest, so is definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Don’t forget to use a credit card that will give you the most points, such as Amex Platinum (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare). You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.