Citi Prestige credit card has a signup bonus of 40,000 ThankYou Points. The bonus is not anywhere near the best ever bonus of 75K that we sae just a month ago, but recently bonuses disappeared on the card.
Offer & Requirements
Earn 40,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening. Points are redeemable for flights on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center, or gift cards redeemed from the ThankYou Rewards collection.
$450 annual fee. $50 annual additional user fee.
- Each year a $250 Air Travel Credit will automatically be applied to flight-related expenses charged to your card, including airline tickets, baggage fees, upgrades and more. This means that you can get the credit twice within the first year of cardmembership, more than offsetting the annual fee.
- Extend your trip with a complimentary 4th night stay at any hotel of your choice after a minimum 4–consecutive night booking through the Citi Prestige Concierge. The benefit will be calculated as the average nightly rate of your total stay, not including taxes.
- Enjoy complimentary access to hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass Select.
- Receive a $100 Global Entry application fee credit. Once approved for Global Entry by the U.S. Government, you can bypass long lines and enjoy expedited entry into the U.S.
- Citi Concierge helps you save valuable time with a staff of specially-trained experts who are ready 24/7 to assist you with your travel, shopping, dining, entertainment and everyday needs.
Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.
40,000 ThankYou points is a decent bonus, but we saw a 75K bonus recently which is obviously much better. The card does have a $450 annual fee that is not waived the first year, but you get a $250 Air Travel Credit annually. You can get that credit twice while paying only one annual fee, and even three times if times perfectly. It might be a bit too late to get it for 2017 though. On top of that you also get Priority Pass Select, 4th night free and a $100 Global Entry application fee credit.
Earning potential is also good, with 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels, 2x points on Dining at Restaurants. Points can be redeemed for travel at 1.25 cents each.
There were changes to the card recently, with some benefits removed and others kind of diluted. But the card still remains a strong option and should be worth getting for most people that are eligible for the bonus.
- Apply Here (direct link)
- 40,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- 3x points on Air Travel and Hotels
- 2x points on Dining at Restaurants and Entertainment
- 1x point on all other purchases
- $250 Air Travel Credit annually
- Complimentary 4th Night
- Access to Priority Pass Select Lounges
- $100 Global Entry application fee credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- $450 annual fee, not waived
- $50 annual additional user fee