About a week ago we saw a targeted Amex Offer that could save you 10% on your cell phone bill. The offer was highly targeted, but it looks like your able get it to show up in your accounts, with some work. This method that was posted by MBA16 on Slickdeals will probably be YMMV.
You need to de-register your card from online account and register the card again to the same online account. You will find the offer during last step of online registration.
- Login to your account at http://www.americanexp
- click ‘Remove Card from online Management’ under ‘Account Services’ tab
- Continue with next steps and finish removing card
- Login to online account again and register your card
- You will find the offer in the last step of the process, add it to your card
Cell Phone Amex Offer
Get 10% of your payment back as a statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to pay your US cell phone bill online directly with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon by 12/31/17. Limit $10 in total credits.
- Offer valid on US cellular phone bill payments made directly with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T Wireless, US Cellular and Verizon. Excludes all additional brands not listed.
- Excludes payments for prepaid cellular phones and prepaid plans.
- Payments must be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app or by phone.
- Payments made at retail locations do not qualify.
- Payments for hardware and non-cellular services are excluded, if not bundled and charged with monthly service bill.
- Limit $10 in total statement credits per American Express® online account.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2017
Amex Offers are a great extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use. The new interface usually has issues so if you prefer the old one, you can log in here. Sometimes you see different offers with the old interface or mobile app, so it’s worth checking sometimes.
This is a decent offer if you have cell service from any of the eligible providers, but it requires a little work to get it to show up. If you’re able to get this offer on the same card that has a similar offer from July, then you could probably get 10% back twice on the first $100 spent. The old offer gives you 10% up to $30 back until November 15th. Let me know if the method described above works for you.