American Express has a new targeted offer available for the Business Platinum card, with a 100K signup bonus.
Offer & Requirements
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. All this and more, for an Annual Membership fee of $450.
How To get 100K Offer
There’s no link to offer. You need to have received an offer directly, or you can try calling in to check if they can extend you the offer. I’ve previously mentioned the call-in option here and DoC reports that it’s still working but very YMMV obviously. Here’s a quick recap:
- Call 1-800-971-6736
- Choose Option 1, to “apply for a new card”
- You’ll be redirected to a CSR
- Say “I’d like to apply for the American Express platinum business card. A few months ago I received an offer but it has since expired, I’m wondering if it’s possible to still get this bonus. I think it was for 100K MR”. If asked for the code, say you do not remember it. I was offered the 100K right away.
- Call again if you do not get the offer on the first try. Remember to always be polite.
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
With such a hefty $450 annual fee, not waived, the question is always whether the card is worth it. I’d say yes it is. You receive a $200 airline fee credit each calendar year, so I received the credit once in December and again in January which almost offset all of the annual fee. Beyond the first year, it becomes harder to justify the $450 cost though even with the enhancements. If you travel often, then it makes more sense to keep the card long term. You complimentary access to over 1,000+ airport lounges across 120 countries. The card has no foreign transaction fees.
This is a very good offer in my opinion, and probably the best we will see, even though they’ve had bonuses as high as 150K in the past. But make sure that you have the means to spend $10,000 in three months. That’s no easy feat if you don’t have a lot of business related spending. Also be aware that Amex clawed back points from many people who MSed and they’ve only become stricter since then.
If I was targeted and eligible, then I would definitely apply. The card has great value and the 100K bonus makes it a no-brainer. For some people it’s even worth keeping long term, but if you don’t travel the $450 annual fee might not be worth it. If you’re not targeted, the current public bonus is 75K after $20K spend, which I would give a pass.
- No Link
- 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 within your first 3 months
- 5X points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- 1.5X Points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- 10 Gogo inflight internet passes annually and unlimited Wi-Fi at Boingo hotspots.
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✔® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Upgrade to Gold status in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program without meeting any stay requirements.
- Hilton Honors™ Gold status
- $450 annual fee (not waived)