Southwest has one incredible offer for some lucky California residents who received the offer by email.
California Southwest Companion Pass Offer
Open a new Rapid Rewards Credit Card account, make a purchase, and get Companion Pass.
Offer ends 11/30/17! – Act Now!
Plus, earn 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first three months of opening your account. This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
- CA only.
- This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new cardmember bonus for a Rapid Rewards Credit Card within the last 24 months.
- Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion.
- Offer is nontransferable.
- To qualify for this offer, (a) Member must have a valid California address as evidenced by their application for the Rapid Rewards® Credit Card, (b) Member must open a Rapid Rewards® Credit Card by November 30, 2017 and (c) please allow up to eight weeks for Companion Pass to be fulfilled after making first purchase.
- Promotional Companion Pass is valid from the time promotion qualifications are met, through December 31, 2018.
- If Companion Pass is earned by flying 100 qualifying one-way flights or earning 110,000 qualifying points in the calendar year while qualified for promotional Companion Pass through December 31, 2018, the regular Companion Pass qualifications will supersede the promotional Companion Pass, entitling the Member to Companion Pass through December 31, 2019.
If you received an email and you live in California, then this is a tremendous offer that makes it super easy to get a Companion Pass. You’d normally need to earn 110,000 Rapid Rewards points to qualify, but with this offer you just need to pay the annual fee of $69 and make one purchase.
The signup bonus is not the best around, but it’s worth losing out on 10K or 20K Rapid Rewards points for the Companion Pass.