Fifth Third Bank has a $200 bonus for new checking accounts that has been extended till 12/31/17. Some people are seeing a $300 as well with the same link. Try reloading a few times.
Essential Checking account must be opened between 9/28/2017 and 12/31/2017. To obtain the $200 bonus:
- Direct deposit(s) totaling $1,000 or more must be received within 45 days of account opening; qualifying direct deposits are Automated Clearing House (ACH) credits, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer, or an outside agency.
- Direct deposit(s) totaling $500 or more made to this account within 45 days of account opening AND
- A $500 average balance maintained for 60 days.
If you click the Offer Page link, you will get one or the other, but should see both if you keep clicking.
Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 10 business days of completing requirements.
Basic Checking, Express Banking and Business Checking accounts are excluded from this offer.
The account must be opened in branch or by phone with a minimum of $50, and you can request your coupon here by entering your email.
Offer is available to residents in the following states; Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Offer not available to existing checking customers or to those with a Fifth Third Checking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
Fifth Third Essential Checking account has a $11 monthly service charge. This charge is reduced to $8 per month with a monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more or it is completely waived with any of the following:
- Maintain a combined monthly average balance of $1,500 across your deposit and investment accounts
- Spend at least $500 per month on a Fifth Third credit card
- Have any existing Fifth Third personal mortgage, auto loan or line of credit with an outstanding balance
- Are a current or former U.S. military member with monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Participate in your employer’s Fifth Third banking benefits program with monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Are a student with a valid student ID
- Have a Business Premium or Business Elite Checking account and have completed a relationship consent form.
Fifth Third Bank had a similar bonus till the end of last month. This new bonus requires a total of $1,000 in direct deposits, or $500. The second version of the offer also requires you to have a $500 average balance maintained for 60 days, but you would need $1,500 in the account anyway to keep it fee free. There’s no debit purchases requirement this time around. A great bonus if you’re in the coverage area.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Offer Page
- Account Type: Essential Checking
- Availability: Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia
- Expiration Date: 12/31/17
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Total of $1,000 or more within 45 days
- Monthly Fee: There is an $11 monthly fee that can be waived with a balance of $1,500
- Closing Account Fee: None. Account must remain open for 90 days