The Platinum Card from American Express and The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN come with a $550 and $450 annual fee respectively. But they also come with a lots of perks and benefits, one of them being lounge access.
Both cards give you acces to The American Express Global Lounge Collection, which includes:
- The Centurion® lounge network
- The International American Express lounges
- Delta Sky Club®
- Priority PassTM Select** lounges.
- Airspace Lounge
- Escape Lounge US
The Amex app now shows that Lufthansa lounge access is available to Platinum and Centurion cardholders in Munich. Here’s what the app when you search for lounges at Munich airport:
- Platinum cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa Business Lounges in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in any class of service
- Platinum cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounges in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in business class
- Centurion cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa First Class Lounge in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in any class of service
Keep in mind that based on terms for each lounge, Amex carholders can not take guests into Lufthansa lounges for free. Each guest has to have its own primary or additional Platinum or Centurion card.
If you don’t have any of the premium Amex cards, you can access a Lufthansa Business Lounge when flying Lufthansa or a partner airline in business and first class, and Star Alliance Gold members can access to Senator Lounge, even when flying economy.
Although it is very limited for now, Lufthansa lounges will definitely make your travel more enjoyable if you’re going through Munich airport. The lounges are located on Terminal 2, unlike the other lounges already available to Amex cardholders which are located on Terminal 1. Hopefully we see the spread out more.