Discover has a savings account bonus that can earn you either $150 or $200. The bonus is available nationwide but limited only to those who have never had such an account in the past.
To get your Bonus:
- Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account by 10/31/2017.
- Enter offer code SAVE917D1 when applying.
- Deposit a total of at least
- $15,000 into your account by 11/15/2017 to earn a $150 Bonus or
- $20,000 into your account by 11/15/2017 to earn a $200 Bonus.
Maximum bonus eligibility is $200 per account. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account by 11/30/2017. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Offer is available nationwide. Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers.
Discover Online Savings Account doesn’t have any monthly fees or early closing fees, but you need to have the account open when bonus posts.
This is a good bonus, but it does require a large amount of money to be deposited in the account. It doesn’t have to be a direct deposit, and it doesn’t have to be deposited in one lump sum of $15K or $20K, but you need to deposit that total amount into the account. Once you do, then you can pull the money out, since it doesn’t have any requirements to keep the money there. You also earn 1.15% APY if you do leave the money there.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Promo Page
- Bonus: $150/$200
- Account Type: Online Savings Account
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: 10/31/2017
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: Deposit $15K/$20K by 11/15/17
- Monthly Fee: None
- Closing Account Fee: Must be open to get the bonus