Eastern bank is offering a bonus for new checking accounts in a few states. This is a decent bonus, but could get better if you fund the account with a credit card.
To receive the $100 cash incentive, customer must:
- Open an Eastern Bank consumer checking account between 9/5/17 and 10/7/17
- Receive a recurring payroll, pension, or government direct deposit of $100 or more per direct deposit, posted to the new account by 1/8/18.
Incentives for qualified accounts will be deposited into customer’s account by 1/19/18 if the account is open and has a positive balance. Customers will receive a 1099 form for this incentive. Please consult your tax advisor regarding the tax implications of this offer.
This offer is valid for new consumer checking account customers, only. Customer must not have had a consumer checking account since 9/4/16 to qualify.
One incentive per household.
The following criteria must be met as of 1/8/18:
- Customer must reside in MA, NH, ME, or RI only.
- Customer must be age 18 or older.
Eastern Free Checking Account has no monthly fees and no monthly balance requirement.
A decent bonus, but it comes in a few parts and that might be a hassle for some people. We also don’t have much information about this bank so if anyone has any experience with them, please let us know.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Apply Here
- Bonus: $100
- Account Type: Free Checking
- Availability: MA, NH, ME, RI
- Expiration Date: 10/7/2017
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Up to $2,000
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $100 or more by 1/8/18
- Monthly Fee: None
- Closing Account Fee: Unknown