Here’s a weekly round up of posts for Week 36 of 2017. Usually every Thursday or Friday I put together a collection of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- Automating Marriott’s 45,000 Points Per Year Social Media Program by Doctor of Credit – An easy way to earn Marriott points through social media.
- Maximizing the 2017 Wine.com AmEx Offer by WellesleyWinePress – Some creative stacking which can take discounts beyond 40% off, plus there’s a better selection of wines compared to Martha Stewart Wines.
- How Irma Messed Up My Mileage Runs, What I Did About It & Why It’s Not That Important by Miles to Memories – Intriguing mileage run and issues due to hurricanes, but obviously nothing compared to the devastation for people whose lives are truly affected by Hurricane Irma
- [Rumor] USAA Limitless 2.5% Cashback Card To Be Released Nationwide September 17th & New Ways To Qualify For 2.5% Rate by Doctor of Credit – This is definitely a great card for non-bonused spend so it’s good to hear that it might be available nationwide soon.
- A tip about that AMEX Hilton Surpass card by Miles per Day – A good tip if you value Hilton Diamond Status more than a possible upgrade bonus from Hilton. You do need to spend $40K though.
- American Express Is Smartly Balancing Their Once-Per-Lifetime Policy by Running with Miles – While Amex only gives a bonus once per lifetime per card, they have been generous lately with targeted upgrade and spending bonuses.
- Can a credit card survive water, dryers and…sriracha sauce? We tested cards to find out. by Creditcards.com – All your credit card questions are finally answered.