There’s a new targeted Amex Offer available that can save you 10% on your cell phone bill. There’s also a 10X MR points version of the offer.
Cell Phone Amex Offer
Get 10% of your payment back as a statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to pay your US cell phone bill online directly with AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile, US Cellular or Verizon by 11/15/17. Limit $30 in total credits.
- Offer valid on US cellular phone bill payments made directly with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T Wireless, US Cellular and Verizon.
- Excludes all additional brands not listed.
- Excludes payments for prepaid cellular phones and prepaid plans.
- Payments must be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app or by phone.
- Payments made at retail locations do not qualify.
- Payments for hardware and non-cellular services are excluded, if not bundled and charged with monthly service bill.
Amex Offers are a great extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use. The new interface usually has issues so if you prefer the old one, you can log in here.
You can also use Twitter Sync when a hashtag is available. If you card is synced you tweet a hashtag and offer is added to connected card. Read more about that here.
This offer seems highly targeted, at least for me, because I only see it in one card. If you have it, you can save 10% on your phone bill. Even if your bill is much less that $300, most likely you can pay more than your dues amount to maximize the offer and get the full $30 or 3,000 MR points back.