American Express OPEN recently released the Blue Business Plus, a new, no-annual-fee credit card for freelancers and growing small businesses. This is a great card that initially had a 20K bonus but now that bonus is back and you can check if you’re targeted.
Offer & Requirements
- Earn 20,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership†.
- Plus, get a 0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases. After that your APR will be 12.24%.
- If your application is not received by 08/25/2017, you will not be eligible for the 20,000 points even if your application is approved.
Check If You’re Targeted
The offer is showing up for some in their accounts online as a pre-approved offer. But, you can also log in here and check if you are targeted. If not targeted, you will see a message saying offer is no longer available.
Other Card Benefits
- 2X Membership Reward® points on the first $50,000 spent each calendar year, with no category restrictions
- 1X Membership Reward® points on purchases thereafter
- A 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for up to 12 months
- The ability to spend above the credit limit, so Card Members can pursue growth opportunities quickly without making calls or paying overlimit fees
- No Annual Fee
- Free Additional Cards
The main selling points of this card is that it will earn 2X Membership Reward points everywhere for the first $50,000 spent each calendar year. That probably makes it a 3% cashback everywhere card for most people, based on the value of MR points.
The 20K signup bonus this times around requires a $5K spend instead of the $3K required with the previous bonus. But the card now has a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for up to 15 months instead of 12.
Unlike other Amex cards though, Amex Offers have not been showing up on the Blue Business Plus card.
This is a great new product from American Express with a decent sign up bonus and great earning. Since it doesn’t have an annual fee, it is also a good option to keep your MR points alive in the long term. I already applied and got the card when it first came out, so hopefully you are targeted and can grab it now.
Amex Blue Business Plus
- Check If You’re Targeted and Apply
- Earn 20,000 extra Membership Rewards ® points after you spend at least $5,000 in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 2X Membership Reward points on the first $50,000 spent each calendar year, with no category restrictions
- 1X Membership Reward points on purchases thereafter
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for up to 15 months
- No Annual Fee