Club Carlson sent out emails earlier today with a new promotion that can earn you free Friday stays or 10,000 points with every two stays that you complete.
Free Friday or 10K Promo
Register and stay between July 1, 2017 and September 30, 2017. For every two stays you complete, you’ll earn a reward — up to three free Friday nights or up to 30,000 Bonus Gold Points, depending on your choice at registration.
- You must register to be eligible for this promotion.
- Your free Friday night confirmation will be delivered in the form of an e-certificate.
- Friday E-Certs are valid for reservations on a single Friday night at any Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu®, Radisson RED, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Park Inn® by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM hotels worldwide for stays between October 6, 2017 and January 26, 2018.
- The Friday E-Certs will expire on January 26, 2018 and cannot be extended.
- Friday E-Certs will be awarded three times throughout the Promotion;
- 1) by Aug. 15 for E-Certs earned in July,
- 2) by Sep. 15 for E-Certs earned in August and
- 3) by Oct 15 for E-Certs earned in September
- Promotion is valid for Eligible Stays only. An Eligible Stay is one or more consecutive nights reserved at an Eligible Rate booked through an eligible booking source.
- Both the check-in and checkout dates of the Eligible Stay must take place within the Promotion Period.
- Members are not able to switch their reward choice after registration and the selection is for the entirety of the Promotion.
- Stays or nights paid for by using Points or Points + Cash are not eligible for this Promotion.
Free Friday or 10K?
The Friday e-Certificate is probably the better option here. There’s no category restrictions for the certificate and it can be used worldwide. Here’s the award chart for Club Carlson.
A category 7 hotel is worth 70,000 points, much more than the 10,000 bonus option through this referral.
The only downside in going for the Free Friday Night is that it is limited to Fridays only and it has an expiration date. If you can’t work with those restrictions than go for the points.
If you’re going for the points it won’t be worth completing stays just for the bonus. But if you’re going for a free night, than you could look for 2 cheap stays nearby in order to get a night at one of their best properties.