BarclayCard has an increased bonus of 50,000 miles for the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard. The bonus has been around for a while now, but it is easier to get through a direct link.
Earn 50,000 bonus Hawaiian Miles if you use your new Credit Card Account for $1,000 in Net Purchases within ninety (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened.
The card has a $89 annual fee which is not waived the first year.
- Receive a one-time 50% OFF COMPANION DISCOUNT for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America
- Earn 2X miles on eligible purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 1X miles on all other purchases
- Enjoy a COMPLIMENTARY CHECKED BAG for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Discounted award travel
- Get $100 companion discount each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- You’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles every anniversary year you make $10,000 or more in purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Using Hawaiian Miles
The value of Hawaiian varies, but you can get great value on award travel to Hawaii. It costs 40,000 Hawaiian miles for a round trip in economy class between the continental US and Hawaii, and if you have this card it costs only 35,000. That’s a value of almost 3 cents a mile. But the issue with that valuation is availability which is pretty scarce.
Another good use of Hawaiian miles is for inter-island award flights in Hawaii. They cost just 7,500 miles one-way.
You can also transfer Hawaiian miles to Hilton starting at 10,000 miles, in 10,000 increments at a rate of 1 Hawaiian mile = 1.5 Hilton Honors points.
The value of this bonus will mainly depend on how you will use these Hawaiian miles. As mentioned above, you could net a free round trip to Hawaii and also have miles left over for two inter-island award flights in Hawaii. The spending requirement is pretty easy at $1,000, but you will need to pay the $89 annual fee on the card.
The offer has been around for a while at 50K, but there’s also a direct link now that makes it easier to apply. Previously you have to try through a dummy booking to get teh offer to show up.
What do you think about this card? Will you apply?