Amazon is offering a free Echo Dot device to the first 2,500 developers in the US who publish an Alexa skill between June 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017. To be eligible for this promotion, you must fill out this form. Please allow three to four weeks after the promotional period has ended to receive your Echo Dot. You will receive an email with a tracking link once your device ships.
Alexa skills are voice commands to which Alexa responds. Anyone can build a new skill by going through tutorials, but some programming knowledge will surely help. Amazon allows developers to build and publish skills for Alexa using the Alexa Skills Kit. These skills are available for free download using the Alexa app.
- Offer valid for developers who publish an Alexa skill between June 1, 2017 at 12:01 am (PT) and June 30, 2017 at 11:59 pm (PT) (the “promotion period”).
- Developers who publish an Alexa skill during the promotion period and otherwise comply with the terms of the offer will receive an Echo Dot device, while supplies last. Promotion benefits will be distributed at the end of the promotion period.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Developers must complete this form to qualify for the offer.
- Developers must have an account on the Amazon Apps & Games Developer Portal and accept the App Distribution and Services Agreement to be eligible for the offer.
- The skill must be submitted through the developer portal, must comply with our certification guidelines, and must be approved by Amazon for publication.
- Offer limited to one promotion benefit per developer and account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Promotion benefits are non-transferable and cannot be resold or redeemed for cash.
- This promotion is only available to US residents.
- Employees of Amazon or its affiliates are not eligible to participate.
- If you violate any of these terms, the App Distribution and Services Agreement or any of our program policies, the offer will be invalid.
- Void where prohibited.