Citizens Bank has a targeted $250 bonus for new checking accounts in select states. The offer was sent by mail with a unique code, so those that weren’t targeted will not be able to apply.
To earn $250:
- Open your first new Citizens Bank Platinum Plus Checking account by June 20, 2017
- Set up a single direct deposit of $500 or more that posts to your new account within 60 days of account opening
$250 Bonus will be deposited into your qualifying checking account within 90 days after the first qualified direct deposit has posted. One bonus per customer. Bonus will be reported to the IRS.
Offer available only for those who received a targeted offer in CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, and VT.
Primary signer on the new checking account may not be or have been a primary or secondary signer on any personal checking account within the previous six months.
Citizens Bank Platinum Plus Checking comes with a $25 monthly maintenance fee.
Fee is waived with $25,000+ in combined monthly balances across all deposit and investment accounts AND either $5,000 total deposits posted to the primary checking account before the end of your statement period OR $10,000 average daily checking balance.
This won’t be useful for many since it’s a targeted offer. This is one of the highest bonuses from Citizens Bank, but it requires a Platinum Plus Checking account which comes with a $25 monthly fee that is not very easy to waive. You have to keep the account open for 6 months, so that would be up to $150 in fees. You could have a few monthly fees waived, or maybe downgrade the account.
There’s also this offer bonus for $150 that is public, but must apply at supermarket branches only.
- Targeted Offer
- Account Type: Citizens Bank Platinum Plus Checking
- Availability: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, and VT
- Expiration Date: 7/20/2017
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $1000
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 or more within 60 days
- Monthly Fees: $25 (see above for waiving options)
- Closing Account Fee: Must be open for 6 months