I received an email from United with a targeted offer to earn an extra 3,000 miles on car rentals. When combined with other mile earning opportunities, it can net you 5,000 miles for just one rental.
For a limited time, earn thousands of miles with this exclusive offer from Hertz. You can earn up to 5,000 United miles per rental. Here’s how:
- 500 award miles per rental
- Now through September 30, 2017, when you book a mid-size or larger car with Hertz through united.com, you’ll earn 1,500 bonus award miles in addition to the miles you normally earn
- Extra 3,000-mile bonus per rental only available to recipients of this email. Rentals must be picked up by September 9, 2017.
- Reservation must be for a mid-size or larger car
- Include CDP 62455, PC 305023 and be booked through united.com to qualify for 1,500 bonus miles.
- Extra 3,000-mile bonus per rental only available to recipients of this email. Rentals must be picked up by September 9, 2017, to earn the 3,000-mile bonus, and by September 30, 2017 to earn the 1,500-mile bonus.
- Use discount code (CDP) 62455 to save up to 40% on qualifying Hertz rentals.
- Discount will vary depending on location, length and date of rental; 40% discount will not apply in all cases.
- Frequent Flyer Surcharge of $0.75 per day to miles earned when providing your MileagePlus number upon reservation or providing the number when you pick up.
- If the number of award miles earned by a member for any Hertz rental exceeds 500 miles, the 500 base award miles will post to the member’s account first, and any miles earned in excess of 500 miles will separately post within 5 business days.
I received the offer by email and it states that the extra 3,000-mile bonus per rental is only available to offer recipients. If you were targeted, this is a great offer, since it doesn’t have a minimum requirement, so a one-day rental is enough. You must rent a mid-size or larger car to qualify, but you should be able to find a one-day rental that will make this worthwhile. I might take advantage of it for a Memorial Day Weekend road trip.