Wells Fargo has a new bonus of $150 that doesn’t require direct deposit, but it’s sadly limited only to some locations. The account can be opened online or at a branch by 9/15/2017.
- Open a new Everyday Checking account in a participating branch or online with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by September 15, 2017.
- Within 60 days of account opening
- Make 10 purchases/ payments with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card AND
- Make 2 purchases totaling at least $10 with the Wells Fargo Debit Card loaded to your mobile wallet.
The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer. Purchases or payments made with your debit card, or debit card number, count as a debit card purchase/payment. Transactions at an ATM or purchases/payments made using your checking account number and routing transit number through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) do not count as a debit card purchase/payment.
The 2 debit card purchases with the mobile wallet must be a cumulative of at least $10 and are in addition to the 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card. The mobile wallet purchases can be made with Wells Fargo Wallet for Android, Android Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
Bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boise, ID; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO; Columbus, GA; Denver, CO; Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Wayne, IN; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harrisburg, PA; Hartford & New Haven, CT; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN; Monterey-Salinas, CA; Norfolk, VA; Omaha, NE; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Reno, NV; Richmond-Petersburg, VA; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Sacramento, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Seattle-Tacoma, WA; Spokane, WA; W. Palm Beach, FL.
You do not qualify for this bonus if you’re a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age.
We’ve seen higher bonuses in the past from Wells Fargo. There was a $250 bonus earlier this year, but for now this is the best offer. You can only get a bonus once a year so you could either wait to see if there’s a better bonus later on, or apply now so you’re eligible for another bonus sooner.
The requirements are pretty easy, but now you have to do two extra debit purchases through mobile wallets. Previous bonuses only required 10 debit transactions.
- Apply Here
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Select locations (see above)
- Expiration Date: 9/15/2017
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: 10 debit card purchases/payments within 60 days and 2 mobile wallet payments
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None