American Express has a new offer that’s that can earn you 10X when you pay your AT&T bill. The offer is targeted and is showing up only on business cards.
Get 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points each time you use your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $200+. Repeat up to three times for a limit of 6,000 points.
- Offer valid for wireless bill pay for AT&T AutoPay and one-time payment only.
- Pay your wireless bill or other service charges online directly with AT&T at att.com/smallbusiness or through the AT&T app.
- Purchases for equipment or prepaid, U-verse, web hosting, or wireless services that do not appear on your AT&T wireless bill are excluded from this offer.
- Your payments must be in the amount of $200 or more in a single transaction and completed by 8/15/2017.
- Payments by phone, at retail locations or via third parties do not qualify.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 6,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card.
With this offer you will receive either 10x MR points or 10% cashback, depending on which of your cards has the offer. I only see it in my Business Gold card. It’s a decent return if you’re an AT&T customer, but not nearly as good as a similar offer we saw last year.
Even though this offer it’s meant for business expenses, it should work on personal accounts as well. Offer states that you must pay directly with AT&T at att.com/smallbusiness or through the AT&T app, so I tested the latter with a $200 payment to my personal AT&T account and it triggered the Amex Offer.
Also check out this targeted Bank of America offer for AT&T that can be used even by non-customers and could be a moneymaker.