Kmart has an offer on Mastercard gift cards. Until 5/13/2017, you will receive a $10 Kmart Award Card plus $2 in points with a $100+ Mastercard gift card purchase. The award card you receive is valid on future purchases only.
There’s a limit of one (1) $10 Award Card per transaction, but you should be able to repeat. See ad here and find your nearest Kmart location.
- Limit one (1) $10 Award Card per transaction.
- Offer valid in participating stores only 5/7 – 5/13/2017.
- Purchase requirement must be made in a single transaction.
- Offer available on purchase of $100 Mastercard gift purchase.
- Award cards valid on future purchases only.
- Offer not available on online purchases or in Puerto Rico, Guam or Virgin Islands.
Mastercard gift cards can be tricky to use at Walmart and they’re also more susceptible to problems than Visa or Amex gift cards. Kmart itself is one way to liquidate them through bill pay, but that will cost you $1.50. So it would be better to purchase largest denominations available.
The discount comes in the form of a Kmart Award Card. These are similar to Kmart Gift Cards and can be used to purchase merchandise and probably gift cards at Kmart or Sears, but it’s YMMV.
This is a good deal for those who have a location nearby. The offer is limited to one per transaction, but you should be able to repeat. Denominations larger than $100 should also trigger the discount, so you should get the largest denominations available to maximize your credit card rewards.