AAA is selling no fee Visa gift cards again until June 30th. This is the page where you can find the Visa gift card offer, but it is the Mid Atlantic website.
The gift cards are issued by Metabank and can be loaded with $10 to $500. They come with a pin. The AAA gift card must be purchased at a AAA Retail office.
- $0 purchase fee applies to AAA Office purchases only
- Offer available for AAA members only
- Offer is valid from May 1 to June 30, 2017
- Monthly inactivity fee of $2.95 with 12 consecutive months of inactivity
- Lost/Stolen replacement card fee of $5.95
- Visa Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank
The offer is showing up for AAA Mid Atlantic but it could also be available at other locations. You can check other AAA websites or call up your local AAA location to check if they are offering the no fee Visa gift cards.
- Delaware – entire state
- Pennsylvania – Columbia, Delaware, Luzerne, Montour, Philadelphia, portions of Bucks, Chester, Carbon, Montgomery and Schuylkill counties
- Maryland – entire state
- New Jersey – Atlantic, Burlington, Cape May, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren counties.
- Virginia – Northern, Shenandoah Valley, Central and Southern regions
- Washington D.C. – entire District
Let us know if you find the offer in any other regions.
Sometimes these offers are also available for non-members,but that’s a bit rare.
If the no fee cards are available near you, this could be a great way of meeting a minimum spend requirement or stacking some points/miles. Keep in mind that most likely you won’t be able to purchase very large amounts and different offices might have different limits. You might also be asked to fill out forms in office and AAA has been recently shutting down people.
The gift cards are registered to your name at the time of purchase, so most likely they can keep track of the total volume per person. I would suggest you liquidate these right away to avoid problems, because if you’re shut down, the balance on the gift card could be frozen.