Flying Blue has published their new promo awards which are discounted award tickets that save you up to 50% on Award Miles. While they still advertise these promotion as half off, recently we only see discounts of 20% to 25%. These discounts are available on select routes between now and August 31st, 2017.
Keep in mind that these promotional Promo Awards are available for one-way tickets and round trips but may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorised to book an award on the website).
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights.
- These promotional Promo Awards may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Awards are available for one-way tickets and round trips.
- Promo Awards are subject to availability
There’s not many cities included in the promotion in North America, but New York is one of them. The only other choice is Boston. You get good value for your miles with this promotion, with just 46,875 one-way to Europe in Business Class or 93,750 miles round-trip. You will have to pay fuel surcharges, but they’re reasonable at about $200-$220 one way.
Even if you don’t live in one of these two cities, you should be able to find a cheap award flight to get there, before making your way to Europe.
Discounted award tickets are also available to and from a few Caribbean citiessuch as Havana, St. Maarten, Punta Cana and Santo Domingo.
It used to be 50% off all around but now we usually see a 25% discount. There’s still good value though for Business Class travel to Europe and Israel (considered part of Europe). You could put together a trip with more intra-Europe fares that usually go for 6,800 miles each way in economy.
HT: Frequent Miler