Northpointe Bank has made some changes to their UltimateAccount that offers a 5% interest, which is very very rare these days.
Northpointe Bank UltimateAccount 5% Offer
Open an UltimateAccount and receive an annual percentage yield of 5.00% on balances up to $10,000. Balances above $10,000 earn a simple interest rate of 0.10%. If qualifications are not met during the statement period, the full account balance will earn interest at 0.05% APY for that statement period.
- 15 or more debit card purchases that post and settle per the statement period
- Enrollment in eStatements
- Direct deposit or automatic withdrawal of $100 or more per statement period.
$100 minimum deposit required to open the account, which can be done with a Visa or MasterCard credit card. No minimum balance requirement. APY is effective as of 05/02/2017 and has not changed since 12/19/2014. New accounts subject to approval. Rates are subject to change including after the account is opened.
Northpointe Bank will also reimburse you for up to $10 in ATM fees charged by the ATM owner. Northpointe doesn’t charge you any ATM fees.
The offer is available nationwide and the account can be opened online.
This is one of the best offers for high interest accounts. Most people can usually get at least 1% interest from several banks, so this Northpointe Bank will give you an extra $400 a year on a $10,000 balance when compared to a 1% account.
This new offer that doubled the limit, also made it easier to qualify for the 5% rate. Any 15 debit transactions should work based on the terms, but non PIN transaction are probably best based on previous data points. You also need to enroll in eStatements and do an automatic withdrawal of $100 or more per statement period.
- Apply Here
- Offer: 5% on balances up to $10,000
- Account Type: UltimateAccount Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Inquiry Type: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $100 (Visa, MasterCard)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: 15 debit card purchases per statement period. Enrollment in eStatements. Direct deposit or automatic withdrawal of $100 or more per statement period.
- Monthly Fee: No
- Closing Account Fee: No