There’s again an offer for the American Express Platinum card that will give you 100,000 Membership Rewards after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. It’s not that easy to get the offer to show up, but worth trying it out.
How To Get The 100K Offer
This offer is showing up through the Baidu method, which just means that you have to start your search through the Chinese search engine. Follow these steps:
- Clear browsing history in Chrome
- Open new incognito window
- Go to baidu.com and search for American Express
- Select the first search result
- On the AmEx website choose Cards > Charge and Credit Card Offers > Check for offers
Fill out your information and click View Card Offers. Hopefully you see the offers without having to log in. I believe if it matches your info to a current account it will ask you to log in, so maybe try a different variation of your street address so you don’t have to log in.
I see a few offers without having to log in, but nothing interesting. If you don’t get anything right away, keep trying a few times. Also give it a try with a Google search instead of Baidu.
Should You Apply?
The bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points is one of the best bonuses we see on this card and it’s obviously a great opportunity.
This offer include the lifetime restriction that we usually see on Amex cards, so the welcome bonus offer is not available to applicants who have or have had this product., even if you get the offer to show up.
Use Caution With Amex
This offer looks similar to some of those leaked offers that were causing MR points clawbacks so I would suggest to avoid all manufactured spending for this bonus.
This is the best offer we usually see for the Amex Platinum card. If you get the offer to show up and have never had the card before, it is definitely worth applying. 100K points are worth over $1,500 and you get lots of extra perks that offset the $550 annual fee.
- See Instructions Above to Apply
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 airline fee credit: select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees, such as checked bags and in-flight refreshments, are charged to your Business Platinum card
- Fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck: Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,000+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs and Airspace Lounges
- $550 annual fee (not waived)